Homeopathy uses the idea that we all have an internal ‘vital force’, or energy which enables us to grow and repair and overcome stresses in the environment. When the vital force is under too much pressure, we start to produce symptoms, and these are the expressions of our ‘dis-ease’. When taking a homeopathic remedy, this stimulates our vital force (or immune system) into healing itself, restoring balance.
Principles of Homeopathy
There are four basic principles of homeopathy which work together in harmony with each other:
Each person when they seek homeopathic treatment is treated as unique, because you are unique!
Like Cures Like
Less is More
These four principles are the cornerstones of homeopathy and work in synergy together making homeopathy the most profound healing medicine.
“The highest ideal of cure is the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health…”
Things you may not know about Homeopathy
- The word Homeopathy comes from the ancient Greek ‘homoios’ meaning similar suffering.
- The principle of like cures like can be traced back to the time of Hippocrates
- The founder of homeopathy was Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, who developed homeopathy as we know it today in the 1700’s. His teachings and philosophy are the bedrock of modern-day classical homeopathy.
- There are around 8000 homeopathic remedies, with more being proved all the time
- Remedies are made from plants, animals and minerals
- Worldwide, over 200 million people use homeopathy on a regular basis, with an estimated 6 million people in the UK currently using homeopathy.
- Homeopathy is included in the national health systems of a number of countries e.g. Brazil, Chile, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Switzerland.
- Homeopathy is regularly used to treat ailments such as ear infections in children, IBS, eczema, allergies, coughs, insect bites, menstrual disorders, chronic pain, joint issues, digestive conditions, migraines, circulatory problems and many more.
- Homeopathy can be used on animals very successfully – I treat all my cats and dogs with remedies!
- Many celebrities use homeopathy, including Sir Paul McCartney and Prince Charles